Saturday, October 13, 2007

Robbed at Gunpoint!

A few night's ago one of our students at Bethlehem had the unfortunate experience of being robbed while walking home late at night. We are so grateful he was not harmed. We are touched by his response to the whole experience as he's described below:

"As I am sure that many of you already know, last night I was robbed at gun point on my way back to my apartment. By God's grace, I was unharmed and all that was stolen from me was thirty dollars. This occurrence has shaken my perspective on life to the very core. During these past two months God has been teaching me immensely on my inability to go through life on my own strength. Last night, God showed me in a powerful way that not only can I not go about day to day tasks without him, but I can not hold onto this "fragile breath" we call life without him either. God not only demands that we rely on him in our daily lives, but he demands that we rely on him for our very lives as well. Please pray that this experience will only deepen my personal walk with my Precious Jesus. You are all such good friends and comforters. How great to be apart of the body of Christ. "

No comments: